Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday October 31, 2011: Elder Bowles


Dear Mom and Dad:

Guess what,  I got a transfer call two days ago!!   Where do you think I am going?  Am I staying in Cerritos or am I going someplace new.  I am Leaving Cerritos!!!!!  I have been there for 6 months and that is a long time and I have been in the zone for 8 months.  Hey dad I think you are familiar with the place where I am going.  Not in Cerritos.  I am going into the Heart of Compton!!!!  I guess I am needed in Compton.  It is really bad there.  Right now just send mail to the mission office because people will steal mail in compton.  And My companion said that in compton there are no white guys there.  It's just Blacks, Mexican and Tongan.  If you are white and walking through compton you are crazy!  Well my new companion is white and I am white.  So both of us are really crazy to do this!  I can't wait to go to Compton and I can't wait to baptize someone there.  It's going to be so much fun.  I leave Tuesday to go to Compton.  Don't worry I will be safe.  My new companion is Elder Tabbit  and I will find out more about him next week. 

Well this Week we did a ton of service for the members.  Don't worry we won't be out tonight during trick or treating because on Halloween night it can be crazy and a little dangerous so they want us inside our apartments and not go out.    We are helping someone tonight and that will be really cool.  Elder Wade’s companion is going to be Elder Ulu  And Elder Wade is going to do just fine in Cerritos.  Do you mom and dad have any suggestions on how to stop smoking in a short amount of time?  We are trying to help our investigator Phil stop smoking.  He has been smoking for 20 years straight and it is really hard for him to stop.  If you have any ideas on how to stop smoking please let me know so I can tell Elder Wade. 
Hey Dad is it possible that you can send me what's called Line of Authority.  I need to have my line of Authority so I can show it to nonmembers where my Authority came from and I can show them it came from Jesus Christ.  If possible can you send me that?  I need a new preach my Gospel.  Mine is slowly falling apart.  Thanks

I love this gospel and I am so excited to go into the Heart of Compton and share the gospel to everyone. 

Thanks Mom and Dad I love you.  Sorry I did not write much I am just excited to go to Compton and I will write more next week on what Compton is really like.  Okay. 
 I love you  and Thanks.  Love Elder Bowles.  Happy Halloween   

No comments:

Post a Comment