Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011: P is for Pollo--Hermana Bowles


 
Hola Familia!
I made it into the field!!!! Whoot!!! Life is so much better outside the MTC. You can actually study in the morning and not be constantly distracted by elders who won't stop talking.

Oh good news....this computer has an enter button!!!
Here's a list of all the parts of a chicken that I found in my soup this week-- foot, neck, heart, rib...and who knows what else.

My companion's name is Hermana Nunez from Columbia. She. Is Awesome. Thank goodness I got someone that I can understand! At mission things I can't understand the other hermanas. My first area is Barrio Libertad, about ten minutes by comvee from the mission office.
You probably heard that the CCM got a new president. President is too sick to come back so they called President and Hermana Cavanaugh to serve the remainder of the time until January. The funny thing is that they came and spoke to us the Sunday before they came in!! Wow.

The best part of the week was that Elder Oaks came and spoke!!!!  He shook all of our hands before he spoke. AAAAHHH!! When he started his address he said that if you were one of the one's who couldn't look brother oaks in the eye then he suggests you make an appointment with your mission president to solve that issue. Talk about scary! His address was a question-answer about revelation and really interactive with all of the missionaries. As he was talking I had this overwhelming confirmation of how he is an apostle. It was really cool.

We got to go to the temple the second day in the mission and do a session as a zone. Came out and the sun was shining. Perfect.
 All I can say is that this is the hardest, happiest, most emotionally trying thing I´ve ever done....and I´m only ten weeks in. From a gospel perspective, I don´t know how people figure out the gospel without a mission. Nowhere else are you forced to really learn the doctrine and explain it to others. Talking to people about the gospel is both scary and exhilarating. I just take it one day at a time.
Love always, Hermana Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment