Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011: Elder Bowles

Dear Mom and Dad :

School is starting. Too many kids are walking on the street. Soon they will be in school stuck with the teachers ha ha. Good thing you only have 22 kids in each class. Are you working all day? Are you having a class in the morning and a class in the afternoon?

Yep, education week was so crazy. So many people and the more people there are the more we get paid. You saw all the black shirts and black vests giving out the catering food. the chocolate brownies are so good. Like if there are extra on the 3rd floor kitchen I would just eat them before I go back home.

Well, I do have one spiritual experience. We were visiting a les active in the ward. We have been visiting with her for 3 weeks and she wants to come to church bet when she does something comes up. She has a lot of family problems going on. I remember before my mission after dinner dad would say music and the spoken word every week. I liked it. It is one of the things that will help a person stay active in the church. I told this les active and said Ezzeal it's all about "Tradition" (Jeff's quote on sunday) We go visit her a week later and we talk and she said Elder Bowles I will never forget what you said . I asked "What did I say" she said "tradition" then she goes on and says I got to get in the habit of going back to church because that is what I miss most. I got to start my own tradition and that is going back to church. It was so cool it just did not hit me till the end of the lesson. I will have more spiritual lessons next week

Love you.

Dad Do you remember this? "TRADITION" ( Dad's Quote on Sunday)

No comments:

Post a Comment