Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tuesday December 4, 2012: Elder Bowles


Dear Mom and Dad:
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!   WHOOOOOO   57 years old --I hope you had your cake with 57 candles on it!
 
It's okay you don't have to send me pictures for my district-- someone usually brings a district snack.  I am sorry I forgot to send you that CD of us eating baloot I am definitely sending it today.  You should receive it this week. 
 
Yes Elder Otis left this morning to go back home to Chicago.  He will be home in 4 hours.  Elder Otis is from Philadelphia but his parents moved to Chicago so that is where his home is now.  He left at 4:45am this morning has to be at the airport at 5:45 am.  Now it is just me and Elder Russell till December 18.  That’s when transfers are so maybe one of us will get transferred.
 
 This week we were not able to do a lot of teaching.   No one was home and it was Elder Otis’ last week, so it was hard to do missionary work.  But this week I went on exchanges with the people in my district-- it was fun, just one of the things you have to do when you are a district leader.  It was no big deal, it was fun.
 
President Buburt said that it has not increased in missionaries yet but when February comes there are suppose to have at least 25 and then the next transfer will have 20 and 20 till the number becomes 250.  We are suppose to have 250 by the beginning of the summer.  I will be out of here in February so I feel bad for them-- I will be out of here.  I have 9 weeks left can you believe it?  I can't believe it has been that fast already wow.  Yea I saw that on the church news how the church started putting the ads in New York City-- it is all over the billboards, taxi cabs, and buses, I can't believe that.  I just wonder how much money that must have cost?   It is very expensive to do that in New York City!!!
 
This morning we went to the Newport Beach Temple.  That's why I didn’t email you yesterday.   The Newport Temple is small and it seats about 45 people per session so it was really cool.  It is very nice.  It’s all those rich people there and the temple matches the color of the neighborhood so it is really cool.  The story on how the Newport Temple was built was that the members of that area wanted a temple in their area so they collected all the money from people to donate all through the Newport Beach and Huntington Beach area.   Then they talked to the First Presidency and asked if they can build a temple.  The members paid for the temple and the land.  All they had to do was wait for permission to build it.  Cool story right?   That temple came from the members down there. 
 
 Not much this week I am sorry I thought it would be better.  I keep going forward. 
Love Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment