Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Monday December 17, 2012: Elder Bowles


Dear Mom and Dad:
 
Don't forget to show the family the video of me eating balloot.  It would be best to watch it after they are done eating.
Man, Kristin comes home tomorrow-- I can't believe that.  I was just thinking about that all week.  I was like my sister has 1 week left on her mission.   So crazy to even think about it.  Which means I only have 7 more weeks then I will fly home and get there at 9:00 am in the morning.  It's a very short flight-- one hour and a half.
 
Last week we had our ward christmas party and in this ward there are a lot of kids-- a lot of kids, it will blow your mind.  This ward fills the entire chapel and the over flow, that is how big the ward is.  It is awesome.  It is the best ward I have served in my whole mission.   This week is half mission conference and I am super excited.   We get to see the other missionaries, it like a big reunion-- I love it.   We got transfer calls and me and Elder Russell are both staying.  I will die in this area.  When a missionary says you are going to die in your area it means that you will finish your mission in this area.  So put one foot in front of the other and keep on going. 
 
I think you are going to be getting snow in the next couple of days because it has been raining and cold so it has to be snowing in Utah.  Here where I am at right now the coldest it gets is about 55-60 degrees.  It's cold for me.  Before my mission 60 degrees was not cold but now it is because I have been living here in California for 2 years.
 
This week we taught one person but it has been going pretty fast this week.  We had something to do every day so that was good.  And also this week in my district the missionaries had a baptism.  She has been investigating for a while and she is 75 years old.  I have never seen a 75 year old person get baptized but I heard in this mission a 90 year old couple was getting baptized.  Hearts can change.
 
I still can't believe Kristin is coming home.  It has been in my head for like 3 days-- can't get it out.   Congrats Kristin on serving a full time mission.  I am going to skype with you next week so I can't wait.  Have a wonderful Christmas season this week and love all of you.

Love,  Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment