Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 24, 2012: Elder Bowles


Dear Mom and Dad:
 
Wow that is crazy that kristin didn't arrive till 8:00pm at night.  Before I forget, I got my travel flight plans.  I will leave on February 5th at the Long Beach airport.  I will fly out at 7:30am.   It says I get there at 10:30am utah time so I will be there early in the morning.
 
Of course missionary work is slow during this christmas holiday.  On Thursday we had our Christmas zone meeting.  It's another Reunion with all the missionaries and it was good, the food was good and we played the white elephant game.  I got the strangest gift-- it was a picture of christ and the last supper.  The missionaries found it by the dumpster and it was a really old painting.  It was cool but what am I going to do with it?   One of the sister missionaries was like cool, do you want to trade my gift?   So we traded and it was good.  A good day, then after the testimony of christ.  It was good.
 
I saw this one house with christmas lights and did get a picture of it.  Man, this house had every square inch filled with Christmas lights.  I almost went to the house and asked them how long it took them to put up these lights.  It was definitely a bright house and it was really cool. Other than that we went by the people in the ward seeing if there is anything we can help them with during this Christmas holiday.  We were able to see some less actives and hope to brighten up their day.  It was busy this week so that was good. 
 
I got your package on Thursday.   Thanks for the camera-- I was not expecting it to be that nice.  Don't worry I have not opened the rest of the packages yet-- I have to wait till christmas day.  On Tuesday last week I was thinking all day about how Kristin is coming home.  I can't believe it-- she got home before I do.  So lucky!!  We are just trying to look for people to teach and offer lot's of service during this Christmas season. I skype to you tomorrow between 1:00 and 2:00--  that way we will have lots to talk about.  I am grateful to be a missionary. I have 6 more weeks, the countdown begins.
 
Love ya all!
Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment