Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Monday September 10, 2012: Elder Bowles


 
Dear Mom and Dad:
 
Thanks for the birthday package-- thank you so much and I better start writing thank you notes.  Thanks everyone!  Well.....BYU won yaaaa!!!!! and the Utah Utes lost yaaaaa.  I feel bad for Brock Henson's Dad because he is a super Utah fan.  I heard they lost on Saturday night, a member told us.   After that we went to a member's house and I saw he was wearing Utah Utes shorts.  I didn't want to tell him I might lose the trust but I was like in my mind --Utes lost bad!!!  But all is well.
 
There is at least one experience I share every week.  They just keep on coming.  I was on exhanges with another missionary in the zone.  We had an appointment at 8:00pm in the night and we went to it.  This lady has been investigating and they were trying to get her to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  She was going off false stories about Joseph Smith, the church,  and how Mormon and LDS are two different things.  I said, Mormon and the LDS church are the same thing.  They call us Mormons because of the Book of Mormon.  It is just a nickname they are calling us.  They did this in the bible-- I gave the example of how the gentiles  would call people nicknames who believed in christ and the nickname was "Christians."  See, they did it back in the bible times.   The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, a testament is a witness-- another witness that Christ is the son of God and he manifested himself to all nations.   The Book of Mormon is the word of God.  After that my companion talked about the how people were in the church and they broke off.  They broke off because of the doctrine of man not of God.   We as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints follow the doctrine of God not of man.  We both were bold and stood there and testified to this lady. After we were done speaking she could not say anything else.  We left with a prayer.  It felt good to testify about the true things.   We got rid of the false doctrine she was saying and she could not do anything after.   It was a good lesson.
 
 Yesterday in church there was a special musical number.  These 3 little kids 5-6 years old sang a song i never heard of.  It was "How far is Heaven"  it was a really good song I enjoyed it.  After church we head back to the car and this man walks up to me and said are you Elder Bowles?   Natalie Dew told me you were here-- I think he said she is my wife's sister.  I was like oh okay whoa small world.  So I might see him again.  Everything is going good.  I am going golfing today with two other elders.  There this really good place where you can rent balls, tee, clubs for 6 bucks I was like alright that is a good price.  So we are going to go.
 
Thanks mom and dad, Love ya!
Love Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment