Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Sept. 24, 2012 Elder Bowles


Dear Mom and Dad,
 
I wanted to go to the Newport Beach Temple, but it was closed for cleaning so we had to go to the LA temple.   Maybe next time I will get to go to the Newport Beach Temple.  I heard that is a small temple.  Yes we had fun golfing but I lost-- I am really terrible at golfing.  I would get ready to hit it and would miss it and finally hit that golf ball.
 
We just had zone conference this week.  It was with 3 other zones and I love zone conference it is like a mission reunion.  It is just great to get back together and catch up on the conversation we had last time.  It is great.   This week one of the ward members said that one of their neighbors needed help doing some service outside.   She was like we got someone from our church to help.  So we got to meet her and set up a time to come back and do that service for her.  We come back on that different day and we are pulling out her weeds, then 5 minutes later her gardner says you guys can go we got the rest of it.  It turned out she hired a new gardner and didn't know he would come that soon.  We only did service for like 5 minutes-- it was the shortest one I have done on my mission.  Oh well.
 
This week we got to teach a new investigator.  He looks like (santa clause) ha ha.  he wanted to know more about where we were going to go after this life.  We talked a lot about the spirit world we asked him good questions and we repeated them to him about 2 to 3 more times.  I don't know if he was all the way there yet or what, but we are going to teach him more about the restoration tomorrow and explain how our religion came to be.  We had zone conference,  teaching a couple people, less actives, members, investigator a baptism and we have been busy this week.  I am glad it is good to stay busy.  I don't know if this makes up for last week or if this is enough.  I am sending my pictures.  I remember to bring my camera because I have a lot to send.  Thanks for the package and everything. When does derek return back I know it is soon.
 
Love Elder Bowles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment