Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday December 26, 2011: Hermana Bowles


Hola Padres!
 
It looks I'll be here with Hermana Nunez for the next six weeks until she ends in February.  Wow...sigh of relief for not training right now :)
 
Christmas phone calls are such a tricky thing......I didn't want it to end.  It was so good to hear your voices.  Sorry if you have questions I never answer.....just ask them again and again.  It's honestly that I forget because I'm so busy typing and copying over pictures
 
I told Hna. Nunez that she was in the family Christmas card and she thinks it's really funny.  Be sure to send on a copy so we can stick it on our mini-fridge:)
 
Christmas is an amazing thing.
 
We went to Soritor this week. It's in a new area in our zone that just opened up this change.  All fourteen of the missionaries en Zona Moyobamba went to Soritor on Wednesday.   Half of our trip there was spent doing a blitz contact in Soritor with every companionship in a different street.  Second half was spent caroling christmas hymns in the plaza.  It was kind of cold and early, but the few people who sat and listened to us were cute.  One six year old girl was with us the entire time.  At the end one of the elders handed her a hymnbook and she directed us.   A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. It was so cute to see the little families who stopped to watch.  Hopefully having President send us to Soritor will get the name of the church out more there and help the elders find families to teach.
 
Wow....ojala for eating about six dinners in two days and SURVIVING.  All of the hermanas got to sleep together in our house on Christmas Eve.  When Hna. Sanhuez and Hna. Steimle came over I was laying flat on my back on the bed.  They looked in and saw me and started laughing.  "wow...it looks like you're four months pregnant", they said.  If that doesn't go to show how much food I ate then I'm not sure what does.
 
The branch talent show was great.  LOTS of people came and more importantly both us and the elders had families of investigators who came!   FAMILIES!   We got so excited with the parents walked in with their five to six hijitos walking in behind them.  The primary kids danced cool cultural dances and I think that was my favorite part.  Enjoyed panatin and chocolate and felt so christmasy.
 
It was neat to spend Christmas in Belen (bethlehem).  My branch is the "Belen Branch."   To think about the significance of that throughout the whole month made it really special.
 
Belen...a great piece of paradise.
lots of Moyobambina amor,
Hermana Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment