Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011: Elder Bowles

Dear Mom and Dad.

BYU beat Ole MIss that's better than Texas. All the teams will receive a heads up on what is going on at BYU. Everyone is getting their mission calls that's so crazy. I still have those two big boxes of food and I have have not even finished it. I will probably gain another 5 to 10 pounds from eating it. I will work out harder in the mornings to lose all those pounds.

Yesterday was the primary children's program in my ward. It was so cute to hear them sing and to say their parts. It was so cool. I was there 10 years ago and I still remember it. Last week on Friday the ward was doing a dinner. They said bring your friends, family anyone you want to invite and come and enjoy dinner. A lot of people came about a little more than 200 people came and it was good. I was surprised. We saw some less active, nonmembers, and people that we don't know. So it was good.

When I was at the party I saw this old 1930 car-- it was so cool. I took a picture of it. The owner of that car said Do you like it? Then I got to go inside of it. It is small and I got to sit in the driver seat. He said you want to start it up? Yes of course. This 1930 car is a model A car. This car does not start up like a regular car. It takes like 5 different things to start it up. The guy that was showing me was like you do this, pull this, push this, push down that and push this and you will start it up. I did all that and it started right up. Hey now I know how to start a 1930 model A car. It was so cool. I don't know if you count that as a mission experience but it was a cool experience.

Yes california is a hard mission and nobody wants to listen to you. We just keep going day by day and maybe one day someone will listen to you and eventually get baptized. So I will just keep looking for people to teach. Thanks for your support I love you. What city is Kristin in? Have a good week.





Reply
Forward
Delete
Mark as

No comments:

Post a Comment