Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday May 7, 2012: Hermana Bowles


Hola Familia.
 
The newsy-news from Moyo is that I'll still be here until at least the middle of June.  I've gained such a testimony that transfers are directed by the Lord.  I know I'm where I'm supposed to be, and more than that, I'm where someone else needs me to be.  I know Mission Peru Lima Norte is directed by revelation. To think about transfers is really an amazing thing.....that everyone takes flights, combis, taxis, motos, and ends up with the companions and areas they need and are sent to the people who need them.  The Lord's hand is truly in everything that goes on here.
 
Hna. Rodriguez and I have switched from singing hymns when people hide or don't answer the door or our plans change for some reason and are now learning the Articles of Faith....in English and Spanish.  We're on #3 in English and #6 in Spanish.  The little pass-along cards of Articles of Faith have come in handy.  Right after we started memorizing "we believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth" we had a lesson where someone asked us point blank about the organization and I felt so proud to immediately respond based off of what we had just memorized in the street (of course, adapted so they could understand).
 
This week was important because the mission had a special fast.  President Blunk asked us to all fast and then WORK by our "acts of faith" (lessons, contacts, etc.) so that every companionship can have a baptism this month.  Fasting for a purpose is such a humbling experience.  Fasting for these baptisms Saturday to Sunday helped me focus on that promise that "it is after all we can do that we are saved." Hunger was replaced by a "refill of trust in the Lord" with our fast.  Hna. Rodriguez and I are really working so hard to do all we can here to find new families and help the current ones progress.
 
Love always,
Hermana Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment