Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hermana Bowles 5-115-12: Letter excerpts

I don't think I have ever had such a hunger for the scriptures or reading in general.  I had such an appreciation for General Conference.  I loved President Monson's talk about "Matters of eternity" and his call to "come home."  Sitting there with the saints in Moyobamba, I realized how international the church is for the first time.  They speak to all levels of education, all races, all nationalities and the spirit can testify in every place where their counsel is heard.  I loved Elder Anderson's twist of "What think ye of Christ?" to "What thinks Christ of me?"  It is such a powerful question and makes me reflect on President Monson's closing statements of "settle your differences in your families now."  The atonement of Jesus Christ is the only thing that can heal EVERYTHING.  I know I'm a missionary and have a testimony, but it is amazing that things like that I feel like I'm learning for the first time.  However, I think one of the classic lines used by President Uchtdorf will be used for years to come:  "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you do."

 I learned something from Preach My Gospel this morning.  We should relate whatever message back to the restoration and it really all depends on the Spirit.  I guess that's the hardest and easiest part of all.  I guess that's when I just have to put my worries aside and DO something.  I like altering the words in a scripture in 2 Nefi 25:23.  Here we learn that it is by grace  that we are saved after all we can do.  You can change "grace" for "the spirit" and now we learn that the spirit will "save us" (guide us) after all we can DO.

It's a lot like when we visited Yola's Chacra (farm).  It was slick with mud, and as I followed Yola down one of the embankments, I was so scared of falling.  I kind of froze just looking around worried...but then the thought came...if you don't try, of course you won't fall, but you're not going to go anywhere either!  Life lesson, right?  ha-ha  ...the things you learn in the jungle!


Here are "Las bellezas" (the beauties) currently stationed in Moyobamba.  There are around 10 hermanas  in Tarapoto, 4 in Moyo, and 6 in Lima.  

"Mother and daughter"
I like being companions with Hermana Rodriguez because she likes to be healthy too.  We exercise in the  morning and eat lots of fruit.  This will be our third change in Moyo together.

No comments:

Post a Comment