Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday February 27, 2012: Hermana Bowles


Hola Familia!

Progress is coming bit by bit in the branch.  It`s amazing to see the changes over months .they may be small but they happen.  I found a scripture during a lesson this week that I really love.   It reads in 3 Nephi 18:32:   Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent and come unto me with full purpose of heart and I shall heal them: and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them.   We visit so many different people during the week, I after reading this again I can`t help feel the love Heavenly Father has for everyone.   Christ is explaining that He always EXPECTS us to come back.
Carnival ended this week which means a grateful end to people trying to hit us with water balloons.  Actually there were only three soaking attempts, all of them failed and only landed at our feet, but I`m happy to not walk around so nervous on Sunday afternoons now.
Hermana Rodriguez and I pulled out the boots and the rain jackets this week and look like the tooty fruity companionship.  I have my smurph blue jacket now accompanied by her banana yellow.  You can see us a mile away. everyone makes some funny comment when they see us outfitted that way.
I don`t know what it was this week, but I felt such power in the Book of Mormon.   We knocked on the door of a man who said he`d read our bible and wasn`t convinced.   As we talked and testified to him, I couldn`t help but feel that power.
Hermana Rodriguez and I like to go running about half the mornings of the week.  Friday mornings we run our laundry to Hermana Blanca`s house who washes for us.   As we were running back this last Friday, I had the thought to head for home through the center one block earlier than normal.  All I thought was why not?  and we headed down the new route with new scenery.   Halfway home as we said good morning to one lady, we greeted her and I immediately recognized her face.   A couple paces after, I realized it was a woman we`d taught and left a Book of Mormon with the last week but hadn`t been able to find since.   Turned around and stopped to talk to her.  As we were talking she said she hoped we could explain a dream she`d had with bricks and water.   Well. we aren`t dream interpreters and only arranged for another visit, but what impressed me most about the whole encounter was that we only found her because of a why don`t you head for home one block earlier.  My testimony of simple thought promptings has grown so much here in Moyo.   Heavenly Father doesn`t speak to us through a megaphone, he sends the Spirit to sweetly whisper to us when we are hard at work in a good cause.
Love,
Hermana Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment