Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Oct. 15, 2012: Elder Bowles



Dear Mom and Dad:
 
Everything is going well.   Don't worry I will have my companion enjoy the last weeks of his mission.   We got a ton of rain here.   Luckily we were inside when it happened.  My companion Elder Otis said in the night there was a super loud thunder and he thought a bomb went off.  I was sleeping like an angel and I heard nothing.
 
Another big game next week with BYU and Notre Dame.   I heard Notre Dame is really good and never lost a game and they are ranked 5 in the nation.  Well that is going to change --we are going to pound them and win it at their home.
 
This week was again slow.  The person that we were going to teach called and cancelled, but we were able to resscedule and he is interested in what we have to say.  He told us that his wife died two years ago so we are going to teach him tomorrow and teach the plan of salvation and he will know he can be with his wife together forever.   It's going to be good.
Throughout the week we have been visiting less actives, formers and trying to find new investigators.   We visited this one less active last week.  We go there and he is just a guy who talks and talks.  We couldn't hardly say a thing.  We finally left and felt quite frustrated.
 
I had a cool experence this week.  We were planning to go by a recent convert's house.  She has been a member for about 5 months.   Before we left I felt like I should bring the temple Ensign magazine. We go over there and they let us in but said they only had a half an hour because they were going to the temple prep class.   I was like oh that is really cool because we were over here just for that and to talk to you about that.  She was like who told you, how did you  know. "  I said I don't know no one told me,  I just felt like we should talk about it."   I reach into my backpack and pull it out and showed them the temple Ensign magazine.   Now she believed me and we talked about the temple and how to pre pare for it.   It was a really cool experience.   We were there at the right time at the right place. That is all for this week.
Thanks,
Love ELder Bowles-- love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment