Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011: Hermana Bowles


Hola Padres!

¿Còmo Estàn?  Thanks for the scriptures....I´m still adjusting, but it gets better week by week.  Found an awesome quote by President Monson this week about how "there is one language that all missionaries understand and that is the language of the spirit.  Fluency in this language doesn´t come from books, memorization, or lectures.  Fluency with the spirit only comes from keeping the commandments and living closer to the Lord."  I´ll have to try and translate it exactly into English. 

As far as mail goes, I have no idea what I´ve gotten letter or package wise in the past six weeks.  Luckily President Blunck and his counselors are coming to Moyo for a training this weekend and so hopefully they´ll bring surprises from the offices.  Keep your fingers crossed!  I´ll let you know what happens next Monday.

I think it´s so neat that Garrett is in Compton!  Haha it´s ´circle of life´ or something like that.  I think Grandpa Dew must have had something to do with that change.  It really is amazing to think that where Grandpa met the church is where Garrett can continue to teach others.  He can use that in so many lessons!   As long as Garrett has grown out of pretending to shoot people with his hands (which I think he has) then he should be fine.  If I was fine in Lima, he´ll be fine in Compton.

You both sound as busy as ever.  Enjoy the cold weather and the changing of the seasons for me.

¡Hola Familia!

Moyo is as beautiful as ever.  Still practicing with the primary kids for the program next week and they´re singing that song about whenever I hear the song of a bird I know heavenly Father loves me.  I love this song, especially here.  When we walk around and hear the rain and thunder and birds and chicharras and see palmeras in the wind, I know God loves each of us.  This world is too beautiful to think otherwise.

Still working with a lot of less-actives and fixing the branch directory.  The project is confusing because many houses don´t have numbers or nobody knows where the person has moved to, but we´re doing the best we can.  Working with less-actives is different because there is no "number payoff" on paper.  I´m still trying to learn how to reactivate because it´s different to rekindle a light then to start it in the first place like with investigators.  I´ve gained such a testimony of love and patience.  It´s amazing to think about the love and patience that God has for each one of us.

Love always,
Hermana Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment