Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011: Elder Bowles

Dear Mom and Dad,
 I am usually organized about my cochlear implant stuff.   Just one day it was gone I could not find it.  I don't know where it went.  Sorry I did not mean to lose it.  Just before I forget,  my brown cochlear implant is acting strange.  I started wearing the gray one.� On the Brown  implant it will only work at a certain place on the ear or when I smile it would stop working.� It's weird but the gray one is working amazing.  Should I send the brown implant back at home?  I have been looking for a small box to send that implant back  home. Mabye the post office will have one.  I just need help on this one.  What do I do?  I have lot's of batteries.  We are teaching a few people but it's kind of slow.  5 of our best investigators dropped us.  So now we are back at square one.   My bike is at the bishop's house in Norwalk.   It's sitting in his garage but I have to get it sometime.  We have 4 bikes in the apartment and we don't want to crowd another one in there, and that will make 5 bikes.  So my bike is safe. This week a lot of people have said so many bad things about Joseph Smith..  How he did this and that and the people don't realize that he was a prophet.  One day we were knocking on this door and we asked if we can share our message with you .  They said no and we asked do you know a neighbor that will like the message we share? They said next door there is a pastor for this church.
Me and Elder Roberts took the challenge and talked to the pastor.  He said he hated the Mormons.  I asked him a question.  Why are there so many different churches or religions on the earth to day?   He told me that the church never left the earth.  I told him you didn't answer my question.  I repeated the question to him with a higher tone.   He said he didn't know why.   It was a long pause.  We explained to him why and he denied it and said the church never left the earth, it was always on this earth.  Then elder Roberts asked what if people who have never been baptized or never have heard of the gospel can get into heaven.  Then the pastor said you are moving to a different subject.   Roberts said just a question.  He didn't know the answer to that question.  It was very interesting and told him we are not going to get anywhere if we are auguing.  Have a nice day bye.  Me and elder Roberts felt that we had won the battle.  When the pastor didn't know the answer to a question he would be at a pause and would say uuummmm.  We have the full truth in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Other churches have a part of it but don't have the full gospel.
I hope you liked that.  This week was interesting and I reflected on the past years before I turned in my mission papers.  There was a quote saying "don't let good moments pass you by, and look what's important and what's not important".   It had the Idaho temple picture above.  I try and remember the good times I have had and I only remember a few moments that I had I don't know why.  By 9th grade I was so focused on school and always worried if I am going to pass the grade.  Nnow I just barely remember high school.  I have learned to take each day as a happy day or as a moment.  I am sorry that I was sometimes so mad and saying duh all the time to you.  I didn't mean to.  I would just get frustrated.  I am sorry.  I just wanted to tell you that.   Mom and dad you have been wonderful and great parents and I love you.  Thank you for supporting me in my concerts and sports.  Thank you for being there for me. I may not be the smartest missionary in the scrictptures but I can be the best missionary I can be and share what I know about this gospel and what joy it can bring to a person.   Over the past 2 months I have learned a lot in the scriptures.  More than I ever knew.  I can take those things I have learned and apply them to the investigators I teach.  Thank you Mom and dad you are the best.   I got the box of goodies.   It's so good!!!
Thank you I love you Mom, Dad, Kristin or (sister Bowles)

No comments:

Post a Comment