Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Monday December 31, 2012: Elder Bowles--Happy New Year



Dear Mom,Dad, and Kristin:
Christmas was wonderful and it was great to see all of you on skype.  We had a breakfast with a member that morning, skype, then lunch at 2pm then a dinner at 5pm.  It was all very good with a full day of activities.   The next day after Christmas was the hardest. Everyone is with their families and no one wants to talk to missionaries.  We just didn't visit any members of the ward because we wanted them to enjoy their christmas.  So it was hard but the day went by fast which was weird.
It is almost 2013 --crazy right?  So I only have one month or 35 days-- don't worry I am not counting the days but it is crazy that I am going home soon.  Some of the ward members know that I only have 6 weeks left.  They are like wow, you are almost done with your mission wow!!.  I was like yep 6 weeks left!!
I feel bad that you had to clean up all the cheese in the kitchen it sounds pretty funny ha ha.   Did Harley start going to the kitchen and help you clean some up?   Good thing we have new years eve on Pday so we don't bug the people in the neighborhoods and they will say-- ah the missionaries-- hide!!  New Years day will be a tough one because it's like another Christmas.
Right now we are just on a waiting game because there are 2 nonmembers who come to church all the time and we are just waiting for them to say yes to the discussions so we can baptize them in a week.  I am pretty confident that we will get a baptism before I leave just lots of faith and prayer.   It will be awesome if we can get a baptism--that will start the ward off to a great new year--whoo  hoo!  I am excited for this last month as a missionary I will work hard.
I took some pictures on the new camera but forgot to bring the cord from the apartment.  Sorry--I'll send them to you next week.  It's going to be a great day.  We are going to have fun on this new year's eve night.  We will see if people are interested-- maybe.
aaa --it has been snowing in Utah.  Man, I am definitely going skiing when I get back.  With all that fresh snow, yes I am going skiing.  Well I heard it's going to snow more this week because it has rained and been very cold here in California.  When we exercise in the mornings I can see my breath so it is cold.  Then in the day it is not that bad but when the night comes I always wear my jacket.
Well I hope you have a wonderful new year's eve and a happy new year.  I can't wait to see what 2013 brings!
Love,  Elder Bowles

No comments:

Post a Comment